The Stop Community Food Centre is currently looking for a passionate, creative individual to fill a Drop-in Support Worker full-time (30 hrs/wk) position. The Drop-in Support Worker is part of a cooperative team of people that works to create a safe, welcoming and dynamic space in which community members can have a healthy meal, access essential services and supports and participate in social and food-based programs and activities. The Stop’s Drop-in strives to offer a respectful and dignified service to our community with the ultimate aim of reducing social isolation, building individual health and fostering community connections.
Working with Drop-in Coordinator and other staff to:
- Ensure that the Drop-in space is safe, welcoming and inclusive to community members
- Provide direction to volunteers, Relief and Winter Relief staff to provide respectful and dignified service and to
ensure daily tasks are accomplished
- Assist with preparation of food and set-up/clean-up of program space before and after meal service
- Collaborate with other Drop-in staff to design, implement, facilitate and evaluate different participant
engagement and educational activities
- Provide program participants with referrals to community resources
- Maintain daily program logs and assist with on-going Program monitoring and evaluation
- Assist with conflict prevention/resolution and provide crisis intervention support, as necessary
To learn more about this position (and other employment opportunities at The Stop), please visit The Stop’s website.
The application deadline is April 30 at 5:00 p.m. Résumés should be addressed to: Hiring Committee – Drop-in Support Worker, The Stop Community Food Centre, P.O. Box 69, Station E, Toronto, ON M6H 4E1 or email@example.com.